Smooth Rail Horizontal Mounting System
$600.00 – $1,800.00
Our mounting systems are custom engineered to attach to the interior ceiling ribs and walls of your vehicle’s framework. Once installed, they provide a safe, secure, and versatile attachment point for all your components and accessories. Our products can be installed, removed, or re-installed with a hex head wrench, screwdriver, and a few minutes. With our universal mounting hardware a DIY customer can easily attach a virtually unlimited number of custom solutions quickly and easily.
Note: These rails are for HIGH ROOF VANS ONLY. Transit and 170″ Extended versions are Early Release: Beta. If purchasing the Transit or 170″ Extended versions of these rails, please read about our Early Access program before purchasing.
(to contiguous U.S.)
Made with structural steel, the upper mounting system creates a full length horizontal connection rail from front to rear of the van chassis.
- Upper Mounting System: Consists of 4 horizontal rails that extend from the back of the cab (or back of the sliding door where applicable) to the rear doors.
- 2 along the upper walls (just above the window line)
- 2 along the ceiling (a few inches from the walls).
- Lower Mounting System: Consists of 4 horizontal rails that extend from the back of the cab (or back of the sliding door where applicable) to the rear doors.
- 2 along the mid wall (just below the window line).
- 2 along the lower wall (just above the wheel well).
Assembly & Installation
What You Get:
- Pre-cut, pre-drilled, and powder coated rails.
- Ceiling Support Brackets (with upper mounting system only)
- All rivnuts, bolts, screws, and hardware to attach the mounting system to your van.
- 3/16 Hex Key and Loctite
- Plus: x4 Mounting Rail Insert Nuts (for your DIY projects and accessories). Additional Nuts Available Here.
What You Need:
Install Time Estimates:
This is an INVENTORIED Item (for non Beta versions)
- We do our best to keep this product in stock.
- When in stock, this product typically ships within 2-3 business days.
- When out of stock, we typically have the next batch already pending.
- Full production time is approx. 3-6 weeks (i.e. typically worst case scenario).
Disclaimer: Most of our products involve a complex, multiple step fabrication process, with a full QC after each step. We do our best to meet and exceed all lead times, but our first commitment is to quality. As a result, we are never able to guarantee lead times.
Q & A
Q – What is the material used?
A – We use a powder coated, specialty steel strut material that is custom manufactured to fit the NCV3 body style and powder coated.
Q – Why use this vs. “X Track”?
A – Products like L Track and E Track are primarily designed as adjustable tie down points. Though adjustable, they are usually only incrementally adjustable between slats or click points. This is great for tie down situations where precise placement of components such as flush fitting two cabinets, or precisely placing a panel or accessory is not important. Our mounting system is designed specifically for van upfitting components and accessories, you can slide and adjust components to the precise desired location, and lock them down securely. Read more about L-Track vs. Smooth Rail Mounting System.
Q – Will you have more off the shelf accessories available for your mounting system?
Absolutely. We intend to offer a wide variety of off the shelf accessories for our mounting system, but our primary goal is to provide unlimited potential for the creative DIY customer. With our mounting system in place and a universal mounting rail nut, anything can be attached to our mounting system with a 5/16-18 thread. A simple trip to the hardware store is all you need from there.